Sunday, May 9, 2010

All I Asking For Is My Body Part 3 Dialogue

What is the meaning of the title?

In the japanese culture they say you must be loyal and devoted to your family, in other words to be filial; which means to be a good son. The way to do this is to live with your parents and work everyday on that planation bascially as a slave to make money and bring it home to your parents so they can use it to pay off their parents debt! This is a tradition passed down from generation to generation. And this is what kiyo has to go through because his parents don't believe in breaking tradition.

I think the title of this book has a couple meanings. I believe that when he says, "All i want is my body" he is referring to freedom! I feel like he wants to make his own decisons in life, which he does not get to do, he wants to move out of his parents house and go to school, and start a family.But i also believe that he is talking about his own body, because it seems like that is all he has left! Mainly because he is physically worn out, working long hours and getting paid really nothing! I just couldnt even imagine putting my dreams behind me to work all day and try to pay off his parents debt!

No comments:

Post a Comment